What do you think of when you see emeralds, diamonds, ruby, gold, etc together? Surely you might think of the gemstone kingdom! What if we say you that this gemstone kingdom is showcased in a wedding? You will be amazed for sure.
Yes, the sensational and scintillating world of gemstone jewelry came alive when Prince Abdul Malik of Brunei wed Dayangku Raabi’atul Adawiyyah Pengiran Haji. The wedding happened on April 12th, 2015 and the long Royal celebration will end on April 15th.
Let’s talk about the interesting facts and figures of the wedding and how it has left us in awe.
1. Groom’s father, Sultan of Brunei is one of the richest men on earth.
2. Prince Abdul is youngest of the 12 children of Sultan and his wife, Queen Saleha.
3. He is second in the line to become the next Sultan of Brunei.
4. The groom (31) and the bride (22) wore matching outfits, golden in color.
5. The wedding took place in the Royal Palace which has 1788 rooms, 5 large swimming pools, 257 lavish bathrooms and a 110-car garage.
6. The hall where ceremony took place can accommodate around 5000 guests.
7. The Royal couple’s dresses were encrusted with diamonds and gemstones.
8. Bride wore jewelry made of emeralds and diamonds. Some of the emeralds were of the size of quail’s eggs.
9. Her tiara had six tear drop shaped emeralds.
10. Bride’s earrings, brooch, bracelet, necklace, ring reflected nothing but luxury!
11. Her veil was adorned with gold embroidered lace.
12. Her footwear was gemstone encrusted high heels.
13. Unlike other brides, she took bouquet made of diamonds, instead of roses or other fresh flowers.
14. As the couple left the palace, they changed the outfits, for which she chose ruby jewelry.
15. Her anklet was pure yellow gold.
- LIGHT YOUR INNER FIRE WITH SAPPHIRE - August 31, 2015
- Mark Zuckerberg Announced Wife’s Pregnancy! Talked About Previous Miscarriages - August 5, 2015
- Fantasia Barrino Gets Married - July 30, 2015