The refreshing green color of the natural plantation has always enticed us and we love being in and around this hue. Besides the emeralds, peridot is the gem which displays the fascinating green hue in the gemstone kingdom. This is non expensive gem and people love it for this reason and for its lustrous beauty. Let us check out the facts and legends associated with this stone.
1) It is the birthstone of the month of August and the anniversary stone for the 16th year of the marriage.
2) It is considered the good luck gemstone for the zodiac sign Libra. Some people believe it is good for the sign Leo as well.
3) Its name is derived from a Greek word ‘Faridat’ which means ‘gem’.
4) Its color may range from pale green to bright olive green. The olive green color is the popular choice of the people.
5) Peridot is believed to bring good luck and peace to the wearer. It is also considered the gemstone of prosperity.
6) In ancient Egypt, people believed that wearing peridot gemstone can help the wearer stay protected from the evil spirits.
7) Just like the emeralds, peridot gems are believed to have healing properties, especially associated with the ailments of the eyes.
8) The more the iron content in the gem, the deeper will be the green color.
9) Its hardness ranges from 6.5 to 7 on the Mohs scale.
10) The legend says that Cleopatra had some of the peridot jewelry in her collection which is rumored to be emerald jewelry.
- LIGHT YOUR INNER FIRE WITH SAPPHIRE - August 31, 2015
- Mark Zuckerberg Announced Wife’s Pregnancy! Talked About Previous Miscarriages - August 5, 2015
- Fantasia Barrino Gets Married - July 30, 2015