I advise all jewelry lovers to not play with your skin even if the bijoux entice you superbly. There are many jewelry manufacturers who mix metal alloys to cut the cost of production. And, of course, being a layman to the technicalities of jewelry world, you generally fall for the appearance and style of the trinkets. Moreover, it is not easy to make out whether the jewelry contains impurities of alloys or not. In this case, you should keep in mind some easy-to-detect rules of thumb.
You always tend to complain about the gold, silver and platinum metals you wear, but they are not at fault. Rather, nickel is the major impurity added to your ornaments, which causes irritation and allergic reactions to skin. So to get rid of itching and rashes after you put on your jewelry, try to adhere to the following:
- Avoid buying jewelry that is less than 14 karat. Less karat grade jewelry is available in cheap prices, which consists of high amounts of nickel, and thereby the chances of infusing allergic reactions multiply. If you are not sure about the karat grading of the jewelry, stop purchasing inexpensive and junky jewelry that is sold on streets or any roadside stalls. Purchase it from an authentic store with a verified trademark.
- Keep away from plated jewelry, i.e. gold, silver or platinum-plated jewelry as the plating of these metals decay with time.
- Keep your ornaments moisture-free, and prevent their contact with water, deodorants, perfumes, body lotions and other liquids. Also, don’t wear your jewelry when washing dishes and clothes. Sometimes a lot of sweating can also cause itching.
- If you want to be extremely strict and your skin is hypersensitive, you can buy a nickel-testing kit from your dermatologist. With this kit, you can quickly check the content of nickel present in your jewelry, and then act accordingly.
I assure that these methods will help you enjoy wearing jewelry.
- LIGHT YOUR INNER FIRE WITH SAPPHIRE - August 31, 2015
- Mark Zuckerberg Announced Wife’s Pregnancy! Talked About Previous Miscarriages - August 5, 2015
- Fantasia Barrino Gets Married - July 30, 2015