The dazzling red colored Garnet gem is extensively used in the gemstone jewelry industry and is loved for its luster and charm. People like to wear the garnet jewelry not only for the fascinating hue but for its comparatively low pricing than other red colored gems.
Let us check out some of the very interesting facts associated with this beautiful gem:
1) The name Garnet comes from a Latin word ‘Granatus’ which means a pomegranate seed. Because the garnet gems are similar to the pomegranate fruit seeds, this name was given to it.
2) This gemstone has a hardness of 7 to 7.5 on the Mohs scale. This makes it an easy stone to experiment on cuts. You can find some of the very fascinating cuts in this stone.
3) It is interesting to know that garnet stone is not only known for its beauty and hue, but also for the said healing powers. It is believed to heal inflammations of the skin.
4) It is also said to regulate the blood flow and is considered very helpful to take one out of the state of depression.
5) Garnet stones may range from being transparent to translucent.
6) Birthstone of the month of January, this stone is also the wedding anniversary gem of 2nd and 6th year of marriage.
7) It is the gemstone of the zodiac sign Aquarius.
8) Garnets are found in the countries like Arizona, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, etc.
- LIGHT YOUR INNER FIRE WITH SAPPHIRE - August 31, 2015
- Mark Zuckerberg Announced Wife’s Pregnancy! Talked About Previous Miscarriages - August 5, 2015
- Fantasia Barrino Gets Married - July 30, 2015